What will you find in this article? Plus and minus, how they work and how I can understand if my sunglasses are polarized or not!!
What are polarized sunglasses?
They are sunglasses with specific lenses able to provide greater comfort in particular viewing situations. The polarized sunglasses are chemically treated and have a thin film that stops much of the bright, hard light that is reflected on some surfaces such as water or snow. Wearing polarized sunglasses will allow you to see perfectly under the surface of the water, through lighted windows or in the mountains with lots of snow.
How do I know if my sunglasses are polarized?
You can do one of these two tests on your own and quickly find out whether or not the lenses of your sunglasses are polarized:
- Test 1: Put your sunglasses in front of a backlit LED screen and rotate them. If, through the lenses, the screen becomes darker, then the lenses are polarized, if you don’t notice any change the lenses are non-polarized;
- Test 2: Look through your lenses on a digital display, like your smartphone. If you can’t read well and you notice an annoying reflex effect then the lenses are polarized, but if you don’t notice any changes then the lenses are non-polarized.
Always check this important feature before you buy a new sunglasses and decide consciously if it’s feature is useful or not according to your needs.
Visit www.kambioeyewear.com and you’ll find polarized or non-polarized tag on each sunglasses model!
What are the main differences between polarized and non-polarized sunglasses?
Below the main featureas to an easy understanding about the differences:
- Protection from harmful UV rays: This very important protective filter function is guaranteed by both types of sunglasses, polarized and non-polarized. The important thing is to choose quality sunglasses that guarantee an adequate UV filter;
Here you can find why is it so important to protect yourself from UV rays. Read more
- Reflective surface: Polarized sunglasses can significantly reduce eye stress, stop reflection and improve you comfort vision when the sunlight level is very strong;
- Standard outdoor activity: If the weather conditions are simply standard with a normal sunlight or cloudy a pair of non-polarized sunglasses should be perfect;
- Read on digital screens: It is useful to remember that a non-polarized sunglasses provide you a better performance reading or playing with your digital display.
Choose the type of sunglasses according to your needs to have the best possible visual comfort and be 100% satisfied with the product.
On www.kambioeyewear.com you can find polarized or non-polarized tag on each sunglasses model in the technical information form.