What will you find in this article?
The main information you need to choose the right wooden sunglasses in terms of materials, style and sustainability.
Established trend, alternative style and sustainable material!!!!
Wooden sunglasses have been a consolidated trend for years. Speaking of design, it’s an alternative product vs the classic metal or acetate sunglasses, has a minimal style, original and refined, certainly appreciated by those who want to enrich their outfit with something different and out of standard.
The offer is really wide and the models differ especially for the raw material used. The great added value of a wooden product is its uniqueness. You will never find two identical sunglasses and this thanks to the shades of color and the different streaks given by the wood. The wearability is certainly an absolute strength. Have you ever worn a wooden sunglass? The frame is very light, comfortable in contact with the skin and especially on the nose and ears.
Not only design but also environment and sustainability
The material used for the production of this type of fashion sunglasses is 100% organic and natural. The product has a high degree of manual work that give value and quality to each model with very careful details. For the production are used different types of wood such as Bamboo, Zebra, Walnut and many others. Here below you can find out more about the main characteristics of the most used woods.
How to choose the right lenses for your sunglasses? read here!
Take a look at the characteristics of each individual wood type to make the right choice for you!!
- Distribution: mainly China
- Color: clear brown
- Strengths: impact resistance and low tendency to absorb moisture. This allows the preservation of the original characteristics while preserving the natural beauty of the product.
- Soustenability: the plant has a rapid and spontaneous growth cycle, is a widely available raw material and is not subject to intensive cultivation or exploitation. It grows independently, constantly and abundantly. Each year the total amount of bamboo increases by 10-30%
- Curiosity: the bamboo plant blooms only once in its lifetime, i.e. every 70-120 years.
- Distribution: Worldwide
- Color: medium brown
- Strengths: the aesthetic qualities given by its very beautiful stripes that make it even more beautiful with aging and resistance to deformation
- Soustenability: the plant is widely spread in almost all parts of the world encouraging the use of local product
- Curiosity: thanks to its properties, walnut wood keeps flies and mosquitoes at a safe distance
- Distribution: Africa, India, Asia, Cuba
- Color: dark blackish
- Strengths: elegant, precious and much sought after wood
- Sustainability: the plant is difficult to find so among the various solutions available is the one that generates the greatest use of resources for its uses
- Curiosity: Ebony wood is heavier than water, so it does not float
You can find high quality 100% organic wood sunglasses on kambioeyewear.com
- Distribution: West Africa
- Color: light brown or cream with dark blackish brown streaks
- Strengths: unmistakable design due to its darker streaks and good resistance to bending and compression
- Soustenability: it is listed as vulnerable due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range
- Curiosity: African Zebra wood is use to produce some models of Gibson Les Pole guitars
- Distribution: Europe
- Color: pale cream
- Strengths: resistance, strength, and excellent bending capabilities
- Sustainability: this type of wood is widely available across Europe